Middle School at St. Martin’s Episcopal School offers a supportive, engaging and rigorous academic environment providing a firm foundation for success in high school and beyond.
We provide a spiritual anchor, allowing our students to develop a positive sense of self and a sustaining faith.
100% of graduates are accepted to their high school of first choice.
Core Academics and Highlights:
- Problem-Based Inquiry Science curriculum that promotes problem-solving
- Leveled Math classes extending through Algebra and Geometry for high school credit
- Spanish instruction that culminates in high school credit
- A literature-based humanities curriculum that integrates English, Geography, Government, and History
- Distinct instruction in literature, writing, grammar, public speaking, and vocabulary
- History Alive curriculum covering ancient civilization through American History
- Technology courses in Coding, Maker Education, and Engineering
- Integrated service learning including an Independent Service Learning Project in 8th grade
- Leadership opportunities, including Student Council and Vestry
- Art, Chorus, Band, Technology, Sacred Studies and PE
- Interscholastic athletic and academic programs
- An Innovation Lab provides students opportunities to practice hands-on engineering, robotics, and produce STEAM based learning projects
- Weekly Chapel with Chapel Talks given by each 8th grader
- Daily recess
- Touchstones Discussion
- Buddy Program with Elementary classes