St. Martin's Return to School Plan for 2020-2021
We Have Returned to the Classroom!
We are pleased to share with you our continuing efforts for St. Martin’s, as we conduct school for all students, five days per week, in a healthy and safe manner. To date, the following measures have been taken to provide a safe and healthy learning environment and to mitigate the potential spread of the virus:
- Maintain classes at recommended number and use of other spaces as needed
- Requirement of face coverings for all students as age-appropriate
- Temperature checking and recording during carpool before exiting cars
- Use of multiple entry and exit points for arrival and dismissal times
- Maximize interior space to ensure zoning for Preschool, Lower and Middle School
- Provide supplies for students to have individual, rather than shared, supplies.
- Modify classrooms and gathering spaces to meet social distancing
- Specials classes held in classrooms to minimize movement, and chapel by division with Preschool chapel held in the classroom.
- Hand-washing/sanitizing upon arrival. Hand sanitizing stations throughout building
- Strategically placed and student-friendly health and safety signage
- Increased outdoor time to learn, play, and eat
- Isolated space for anyone showing symptoms to wait for pick-up
- Enhanced cleaning by staff and cleaning company with regular wipe-down of high touch areas
- Students and staff will only be permitted in building
- Refinement of distance teaching and learning practices should we need to pivot again
To read the complete Anne Arundel County Health Department approved St. Martin's 2020-21 Return to School Plan, click here.
Please check your email for communications from your teachers with remote learning assignments and deadlines.