Current Protocols & Guidelines
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is currently following the guidelines set forth by the Maryland Department of Health and Anne Arundel County for Covid-19.
For Students who have confirmed case of Covid-19
Students should quarantine and isolate at home for 5 full days after positive test results, whether they have symptoms of Covid-19 or are asymptomatic, regardless of vaccine status. Students may return to school on Day 6, wearing a mask indoors through Day 10, without requiring another Covid test.
For Students who have had a close exposure to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19
(Close exposure definition is a person who spent more than 30 minutes unmasked with the student in an indoor setting, to include family member, friends, and classmates)
Students 5-17 years old who are fully vaccinated and are asymptomatic do not need to quarantine and may attend school. The student will need to test on Day 5 after exposure. Should the student test positive or develop symptoms in the interim, they should be kept at home for isolation as stated above.
Students who are 3-5 years old (or older) who are not fully vaccinated and are asymptomatic should quarantine at home and test 5 days after the exposure. If the student tests negative, they may return to school on Day 6. Should the student test positive, or develop symptoms during quarantine, they should remain at home until symptoms subside and/or 24 hours fever free.
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is in compliance with Anne Arundel County, allowing optional mask wearing for all students, staff, and faculty while inside the school building.
The following measures continue to be taken to provide a safe and healthy learning environment and to mitigate the potential spread of the virus at St. Martin’s:
- All teachers, staff, clergy and administrators are required to be vaccinated.
- As much as possible, we have arranged for minimal congestion in corridors and classrooms during the school day as well as at arrival and dismissal times.
- We require hand-washing/sanitizing upon arrival and during the day at sanitizing stations throughout building.
- Student-friendly health and safety reminders are evident throughout the building.
- Except in inclement weather, we maximize outdoor time to learn, play, and eat.
- An isolated space exists for anyone showing symptoms to wait for pick-up.
- Staff and our cleaning company continue to provide enhanced daily cleaning with frequent wipe-down of high touch areas during the school day.
- Without specific expressed approval during the school day, only students, staff and limited volunteers are permitted in the building. To obtain building entry permission, prospective visitors should contact the Main Office.
- Covid symptomatic students must return home, and parents are requested to retrieve those children from school as promptly as possible.